Rental business can be difficult while calculating profit margins but,
India’s leading bookkeeping and consultant firm has made it easier for you. We track your rental property or business regularly and manage them on your behalf effectively.
- Profit Margins in the rental business can be quite challenging whether it is a machine rental business or a property rental business.
- However, Rental business can be a highly profitable business if one adequately amortizes the capital cost against the receipts.
- We at Meru accounting provide reporting for a rental business to help you analyze revenue per working hour of the machine.
- We at Meru Accounting can help you plan and budget your revenue based on various inputs and can let you know whether the machine can be worth investing in your rental business.
Tracking of income per property.
You should track income on the property based on class tracking for real estate.
It is advisable that you should maintain a separate bank account per property so that you could easily allocate the expenses to that property.
Regular updating of books of accounts
It is advisable to update books of accounts every fortnight so that receivables can be tracked and chased timely.
Recurring invoices should be set up so that the invoices are automatically created in the accounting system and matched with the receipts.
Tracking of Expenses via Property
- One should track expenses via property for each property.
- General expenses that cannot be allocated specifically to a property should be assigned on either of the proportion of income, the area occupied or any other scientific basis.
Features that you should look into while selecting an accounting software
- Ability to manage apartments, commercial properties, condominiums, cooperatives, homeowner associations, residential properties etc.
- Ability to operate in Cloud environment
- Collect rent online
- Automatic invoicing
- Listing management
- Alerts for software
- Expense management
- Vacancy Tracking
- Maintenance of task