Get your Trademark
Registered in 30 days
Get Expert Advice
Everything About Trademark
A trademark or a logo is a sign or symbol that helps people memorize specific brands. A trademark is made to give an identity to a particular brand.
When a person sees a mark or sign somewhere, it makes them remember a brand associated. Like, when they see a half-bitten apple, they immediately recognize it as ‘Apple Inc’. This is the job of a good trademark.
The companies put immense efforts and many hours of work when designing a trademark. All companies want a unique trademark that will make them popular in the market.
Sometimes people steal the trademark to destroy a brand’s good name. The stealing of a trademark is known as an intellectual property infringement. For this reason, to prevent trademark theft we must always legally register a trademark.
Documents Required to Register Trademark:
Different Companies from different fields require different documents for the registration of the trademark for their business. So, here is the list of documents you need to submit to register a trademark in India.
- Copy of your trademark in print.
- Address proof of the business
- Identity proof of the business
- Signed Form-48 (Form 48 is an authorization the trademark owner gives to the Attorney for filling their form on their behalf.)
- Incorporation certificate (for companies) or partnership deed (for partnership and LLP)
- Udyog Aadhar Registration Certificate (for a company)
However, if a company does not have Udyog Aadhar Registration Certificate; then it has to submit the following documents to register a trademark:
- Copy of the trademark
- Signed Form-48
- Address proof of the applicant
- Identity proof of the applicant
- Incorporation certificate
Trademark Registration Process:
If you want to register a trademark for your business and have all the relevant documents, then you need to follow the following steps:
Hire a CA at an affordable price.
Hire a CA
at affordable price
Benefits of Trademark Registration For a Company
Registering for a trademark may seem challenging, but it comes with many advantages to a business. Let us know what the main reasons you should consider while enlisting a trademark for your firm or company are:
Where can I register for a trademark for my business?
You can apply for trademark registration online by filling our contact form or calling us on number +91 95584 80423.
- You need to send a reply to the registrar if they object to your application. In that case, you have to file the reply within 30 days of receiving the application (If you applied for a trademark from our firm you will not have to do anything).
What do I do if registrar sends an objection as a reply to my application?
- You have to advertise a trademark in the trademark journal after receiving a reply from the registrar. This advertisement ensures no one else uses your trademark against your will. If they are doing so, they can file an objection to your advertisement.
Why do I have to advertise my trademark to the public?
- Anyone can raise their objection to your trademark within 90 days of its advertisement. If that’s the case, then both the parties have to appear for the hearing over the authority of the trademark in question.
What happens when the public raises an objection to the trademark?
- Your registered trademark will be valid for 10 years in India since the date of filing the application.
What is the validity of the trademark in India?
- You have to fill an application a year prior to the expiration date if you wish to renew it.